Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

2.27.2007

It is ABOUT EFFING TIME!!!!

Martin Scorsese was so long overdue in receiving his Oscar for Best Director that if things were fair, they would just let him take home the great big one he's standing next to in this picture:
He might have to rent a U-Haul or something, but c'mon, you can't tell me the man doesn't deserve it!!

Marty, you rock my world, and I'm so elated you were finally honored by the Academy. Now I don't have to go postal on all the Academy members, like I thought I might have to if you were snubbed again. And that just would've been a lot of work.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Bree said…

    Generally, I was pretty happy with the awards (Go Marty GO!) but I have to say...I wish Peter O'Toole had gotten Best Actor. Talk about being snubbed! I haven't seen Last King of Scotland, so I can't comment on the lead's performance, but it's Peter effing O'Toole! Lawrence of Arabia! The man has had like a bazillion nominations and no Oscar. Plus he's like 300 years old, I think it's impressive he's making movies at all. That and I could see the disappointment on his face when his name was not called. Damn near broke my heart.

    The rest of the Oscars? *Yawn* Ellen tried to keep it going, but it just draaaaagged on and on. Oh well, at least Cate Blanchett looked amazing! :)

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger RockSteady said…

    Agreed. On all accounts. I haven't seen the Last King of Scotland either, and I gotta tell ya, I'm not really amped to see it either. Peter O'Toole definitely should've won. If for nothing else, just as a lifetime achievement. The man's been around forever!

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Bree said…

    I'm glad someone agrees with me...I've said that to a couple people here, and they're all "nuh uh, you CRAZY". Well, maybe not exactly like that, but it was pretty close. ;)

    PS did I tell you that I sold out and got a myspace page? I'm still living down the shame...lol!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home