Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

3.29.2006

What's going on...

So much to talk about!!!


First and foremost, tonight is the night I've been waiting for: The Minus 5 will be performing tonight at World Cafe Live. Peter Buck and crew will be rocking our pants off starting at 7:30pm... there is a bit of a concern, though. The boyfriend seems to have contracted some sort of flu/cold/what-have-you, and that may put a damper on things. To make things worse, the tickets are under his name at the will-call. Dammit!! (But I hope you feel better, honey, I really do!)

What else have I got for you, you might ask? Pick up this month's Philadelphia magazine to get the skinny on everyone's salaries in the Philadelphia area. It is sick what some people make in this town! Did you know that Cecily Tynan, the meteorologist for Channel 6 news, makes $625,000 a year?? Jim Gardner, the anchor, makes $2.1 million a year! That's crazy... I really wish I'd tried a little harder when I was involved in journalism now. ;-) I should just get a job taking tickets for SEPTA -- they make approx. $62,000. I really like Philly mag (I should, I interned there), but I found this issue to be especially good. It's the first one in a long time that I read cover to cover, so be sure to pick it up.

Also, I have a brand-new website obsession... I definitely stayed up until 2:30 in the morning just to look through a bunch of their archives, but it was worth it. You must check out Found -- I'm sure many of you have heard of it before or are familiar with it, but if you're not, it's definitely worth checking out. The concept is simple -- notes or photos or whatever that people have found, scanned, and sent into the website. Essentially, it's picking up trash and posting it on the internet, but some of the notes and photos found are heartbreaking, and some are absolutely hilarious. Make sure you take a look! I added it to my blog roll.

I added By The Morning's Light to my blog roll, too, for a couple of reasons. First of all, because Bree is my girl and she's the only one who comments on my site, even though I happen to know for a fact I have other lurkers out there! ;-) But aside from that -- and much more importantly than that, I really enjoy her blog and find it very interesting, entertaining and funny. Definitely stop by to see what she's up to on a weekly-or-so basis. Bree's as unpredictable at this posting gig as I am! ;-)

I think that's all I got... enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Bree said…

    LOL!

    Thanks for the write-up, dude! I added you a while back but neglected to say anything...way to make me feel bad. Man, I used to be so good about posting, but then again, that was when my life was interesting. XD

    And yeah, Ryan Renolds is a total babe. Thanks for the link to his site! (and good to know I'm not the only one terrified by Cancerous sore on the face of the internet known as MySpace...haha)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home