Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

3.14.2006

Fun at work

Today I left a phone message for a client named Brigitte -- the following is the phone call that transpired as a result of that message.

Me: Hi, this is Rocksteady, how may I help you?
Lady: Yes, Rocksteady, you left a message earlier for Brigitte?
Me: Yes! Is this Brigitte?
Lady: No. There's no Brigitte here.
Me: Oh. I'm sorry to have bothered you-
Lady: What number did you call?
Me: Ummm... I actually don't have the number right in front of me... but it's OK, don't worry about it.
Lady: Well, I'm trying to help you. You might just be off by one digit. Why don't you just tell me what number you're trying to call?
Me: Well, I don't have the number in front of me, but really, it's no big de-
Lady: Look, I'm trying to help you. Is this what happens when someone tries to do a good deed anymore??? Why are you being so difficult??
Me: I'm sorry, I don't mean to be difficult... I just don't have my paperwork in front of me for that particular client right now...
Lady: Well, I guess this is what I get for trying to be helpful. I thought I might try to be of help to you, but it's obvious you just don't want any help.
Me: Well, I appreciate the call...
Lady: Yeah, sure. I'll bet you do. (Slams phone down in my ear).

Sigh...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger Bree said…

    Wow. Nice lady.

    During my stint as an office assistant, my boss had a sign that said "Have you ever noticed that the people who tell you to calm down are the people who make you not calm in the first place?"

    I thought you'd appreciate that. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home