Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

3.20.2006

This is no longer a vacation. This is a quest for fun.

After month upon month of madness, and dealing with people like this, I am finally, and officially, on VACATION!!!! Woo-hoo!

On Wednesday, the boyfriend and I will be taking the Family Truckster for the trek down to Atlantic City to try our hand at some blackjack and some Elvis slots. Until then, I don't have a lot going on. I was thinking at first how nice it would be to actually have nothing to do. Perhaps it was the amount of coffee I had this morning, and the fact that I couldn't sit still after awhile, but I realized that I am bored. Say what you will about work, but at least it's something to do. I did some laundry, actually did some long-past-due cleaning, visited my sister, and watched a movie ("In Her Shoes" -- hence, I totally lifted that EE Cummings poem from the movie). Then I emailed everyone I know and called the boyfriend and other various friends at work to harrass them about them having to work, and rubbing it in that I'm on vacation.

Then my one friend nailed me: "It can't be that fun of a vacation, if you're calling to chat with me at work."

Damn. She's right.

I have no idea what to do with myself until Wednesday. Since when did I become so antsy???

1 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Bree said…

    You should read "The Know It All: One Man's Humble Quest to become the Smartest Person in the world" by A.J. Jacobs. It's very funny...and informative! The guy decides to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica cover to cover. :D

    If you just want to fill a couple hours, you should go watch "V for Vendetta". It's amazing, totally blew my cinematic mind. Take the Boyfriend (to use your terms lol) so you have someone to talk to about it afterwards.

    I hope you're enjoying the rest of your vacation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home