Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

10.02.2006

An Open Letter to Star Jones Reynolds

Dear Star Jones Reynolds,
Remember when you were planning your over-the-top, ridiculously lavish wedding to your gay husband, and your whored yourself out every day on "The View" so that you could get free shit for said wedding? (Even though you are/were on TV and made more money per day than I probably do in a year?)
Well, Mrs. Jones Reynolds, I can now see why you did all that. I am in the midst of starting to plan my own (albeit not quite as expensive) wedding, and this shit is PRICEY. Everywhere I turn, there is another outrageously expensive thing we need. In addition, we're going to need, like, a chair or something to sit on once we do get married, and we have to pay for that as well. It's very overwhelming and scary, and it's easily foreseeable that we will be in debt for awhile after our wedding day just to pay off the crap we had ON our wedding day.

So that being said, I take back some of the derogatory things I said about you while you were planning your own wedding, because I really do get it now. However, I will not take back all of them because as I said before: you probably make more money in one day than I do the entire year.

Anyway, give my best to Al and his boyfriend, and good luck with whatever it is you're doing these days. I'm sure it's fabulous. And feel free to contribute to our wedding. We're open to freebies, too.

Much love,
RockSteady

2 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Bree said…

    A friend of mine planned a wedding recently, and she found a nifty how-to book on weddings. It has lists and ways to save money on little things that she said hadn't occured to her to do (like buying things online). She found it on Amazon...maybe give it a looksee? Sorry I don't know the title...I wasn't the one putting the wedding together! haha! Anyway, if you're so inclined, run a search for wedding planning guides, see if anything comes up.

    And Star Jones drives me NUTS. Maybe because I never have had to plan a wedding? ;)

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger RockSteady said…

    No, Star Jones probably make you nuts because she's a PSYCHO. I can't stand her either!!

    Thanks for the hint on the book, I will def. look into it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home