Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

9.21.2006

Music to rock your socks off, take 2.

Well, color me embarrassed. Bree (bless her heart, for where would I be without her??) pointed out the most obvious and exciting recent release that I completely failed to mention -- Bob Dylan. We'll get to that. But while I was wallowing in my shame for having forgotten Bob, my personal lord and savior, I also realized I had overlooked another good disc that I picked up recently by Snow Patrol, called Eyes Open:
This was actually released in May, but I'm just getting around to it now. Get off my back. Geez. Anyway, I picked it up before every single radio station in America decided to play "Chasing Cars" 23,000 times a day (which is, nonetheless, still my favorite song on the entire CD), and I haven't been disappointed. It's pretty darn good. There, I said it.

Now, onto the Big Guy, one of the greatest musicians of our lifetime, Mr. Bob Dylan:

His Bobness just released Modern Times, which is truly one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, CDs of 2006. I can't even pick my favorite songs, because I love them all. So, in truth, the Black Keys and Bob Dylan have been equally duking it out in my CD player. The man's a freaking genius. Enough said.

But thanks, Bree, for calling me out, because really. I mean... really.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Bree said…

    LMAO!! God love ya for that.

    The Snow Patrol record is really good to. I like the last track with Martha Wainwright (Set fire to the third bar? I can't remember the wording) quite a bit. Awesome addition! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home