Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

4.08.2006

The Sultan of Spin

"Michael Jordan plays ball. Charlie Manson kills people. I talk."

The boyfriend and I went to see "Thank You for Smoking" last night. I had heard a lot of good things about it, but I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. It's been a long time since I've seen satire done so well. And Aaron Eckhart... well, I've loved his acting since "In The Company of Men" -- and he's easy on the eyes, so that works too. See it.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Bree said…

    I too have heard good things about this film, including the devilishly delightful rumor that Tom Cruise threw a hissy fit and got Katie Holmes' sex scene taken out of it. O_o

    You got to love the corporate media spin doctors. I'll try to go see this flick soon...

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger RockSteady said…

    You know, I heard that rumor, too, and while watching the movie all I could think was: "That must've been one graphic sex scene he had pulled." Because, believe me, there's still plenty of Katie Holmes having sex in that movie! She was the most blah character in the whole thing. I was very unimpressed. (Not that she's ever really impressed me).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home