Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

2.28.2005

Oscar madness

OK, seriously. What is up with the Martin Scorsese snub that comes time and time again every film the man makes? He is a filmmaking genius, and I really don't use that word lightly. It's like we're in 1990 again, when Goodfellas lost to Dancing with Freaking Wolves. And I'm not really sure how I feel about Cate Blanchett winning the Oscar for best supporting actress. Her Katherine Hepburn, at least towards the beginning of the film, was WAY over the top. I am, however, THRILLED with Charlie Kauffman's win for Best Original Screenplay for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

We have some other things to talk about too... like, when did Renee Zellweger become a Goth chick? Scary. On the other hand, Kate Winslet looked stunning. So did Sophie Okonedo -- she is adorable! Too bad Gisele decided to wear a bedsheet to the Oscars... I guess she couldn't take time out from her busy underwear-modeling schedule. And Johnny Depp is really sticking with this whole weird-European-guy thing, isn't he?

Other looks:
*OK, it's official. Charlize Theron is incredibly beautiful. And I'm glad she's not still sporting the whole "Aeon Flux" hairdo she had a few months ago. That wasn't working for her.
*Did I miss something about Melanie Griffith? What's with the cane? And why didn't Antonio wash his hair before the Oscars??
*Yeah, yeah, Imelda Staunton looks nice. But get a load of the woman behind her!!!
*Robin Williams: That's a REALLY pink shirt.
*Sideshow Bob made an appearance... Oh, I'm sorry. That's Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows.

And I'm just going to go ahead and say this: So. Sick. Of. Jamie. Foxx. His acceptance speech at the Emmys was touching. At the Oscars? Extremely forced. OK, Jamie, you've got your Oscar. Now GO AWAY.

Speaking of played out, why is P. Diddy always everywhere with something to say? He annoys the living hell out of me.

And to conclude this post, I'll leave you with a quote from my boyfriend's mom while we were watching the Oscars last night: "Why doesn't [Martin Scorsese] do something about those eyebrows?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home