Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

2.15.2005

Another successful Valentine's Day

My boyfriend and I had a lovely dinner at Fellini's Cafe last night -- however, they played a dirty little trick on us! Usually, the pricing is very fair... however, when my boyfriend made reservations, they failed to tell him they would be having a fixed price, special menu for Valentine's Day. We found out only after we'd been seated and our wine uncorked and poured for us. That's lousy. So what are you going to do if you think the price is too high? Pour your wine back into the bottle and re-cork it? Get up and leave? It's not like it's a big place by any means. I felt bad that he ended up spending so much money -- because, by the way, gratuity is not included in that special price, so he ended up forking out over a hundred bucks for dinner. It's not like we're poor, but we're not exactly rolling in dough, either. To my man's credit, though, he was very gracious about the whole situation.

Thankfully, it was an otherwise flawless experience... the service was excellent, they gave a LOT of food, and it was delicious, and the waitstaff doubles as opera singers, so we were treated to some wonderful singing as well. So all's well that end's well, I guess. I'm glad I got him extra Valentine's Day presents this year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home