Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

3.08.2005

A little bit of culture finds its way to the Main Line

I'm very excited about this. They are opening the Bryn Mawr Film Institute where the old Bryn Mawr theater used to be this coming weekend. I wish I was able to go to the opening -- they're actually going to have Sir Ben Kingsley there to do the ribbon-cutting, and they're showing his films "Death & the Maiden" and "Alice in Wonderland." If you've never seen it, I highly recommend renting "Sexy Beast" for his performance in it alone. He's incredible.

But I digress. I'm very pleased to see them doing something like this in our area. They'll be showing old and new films, and holding lectures there about film techniques and what-have-you. Being the film snob that I am, and an ex-film student to boot, I think it's a fantastic idea. There's nowhere else close by (that I'm aware of) that has anything like this. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home