Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

11.24.2006

Cirque du Face

So, my friend who is quite obviously insane went shopping today for Black Friday, and brought me back a Sephora catalog, and the cover is a slight variation of this:

Their big thing right now, apparently, is making you look like Bozo the Clown. And I immediately started laughing my ass off, because I was reminded of a fabulous exchange between Zooey Deschanel and an older lady in the movie The Good Girl (which, if you haven't seen, you totally should. It's good):

Old Woman: I look too white, don't you think?
Cheryl (Zooey Deschanel): Not at all. I'm just trying to match your face with your hair. I was thinking you're not white enough.
Old Woman: I think I look kind of weird.
Cheryl: The first rule of fashion is you have to look weird. What I'm doing has come straight here from France.
Old Woman: Oh?
Cheryl: It's called Cirque du Face, meaning "Circus of the Face", and it's all the rage with the Frenchies, ma'am.
Old Woman: Well, you're the professional.

I mean, really. They are totally fucking with us!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home