Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

1.17.2006

Defamer on the Golden Globes: Much funnier than anything I could come up with.

I endured the 3 hours of the Golden Globes last night, and actually, I didn't think that it was overall that bad. George Clooney and Steve Carell were cracking me up all night, and so was Gwyneth Paltrow's dress. A few other moments of note: Gwyneth's annoying insistence upon calling Anthony Hopkins "Antony," Laura Linney being called Laura Linley in her nomination (it's fine, really... she's only been around forever and in everything), the obviousness of Ryan Phillippe's realization that his wife's star far outshines his own, the "Lost" guy thanking Steve Carell's wife, Drew Barrymore's nipples staring at me, and I'm sorry, but can the Desperate Housewives put on a more forced camaraderie? After that Vanity Fair ordeal, I don't believe that for a second. Teri Hatcher wants them all dead, and everyone knows it. On the other hand, Nicolette Sheridan really did look pretty. She looks like she can't really move her face, and her taste in men is way questionable, but I loved the dress.

Oh, and Mandy Moore? When you're going someplace nice, try to get your hair done for the event. Your hairstyle looked like mine when I go to the gym. You know... if I went to the gym.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Defamer covers everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home