Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

1.12.2005

Movie recommendations

So, last night my boyfriend and I rented Garden State, and I absolutely loved it. I laughed, I cried, and my boyfriend fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. I don't know that he didn't like it, he was just really tired. Anyway, I've always been a big fan of Zach Braff on Scrubs, but he's a totally different character in this. At times I felt he was carrying the melodrama a bit overboard, but nonetheless, he's still adorable. And Natalie Portman is just the cutest thing ever in this movie!

This past Friday night, we also took in The Aviator with my sister and her husband, and all four of us thought it was excellent. I am not at all a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio, but I must give credit where credit is due -- the man deserves an Oscar nod for his performance. He was truly amazing. Cait Blanchett overdid Kate Hepburn in her first scene, but seemed to grow more comfortable with it as the movie went on. Kate Beckinsale was also very good as Ava Gardner. And of course, my darling Gwen Stefani played Jean Harlow -- it wasn't really a big role, but I thought she did well.

Next on my list is The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou -- I loved The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore, so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home