Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

11.29.2005

Don't Leave Home Without It

On Black Friday, my friend had her debit card, her American Express card and all her cash stolen out of her handbag. The thief (or thieves) then drove up to King of Prussia mall and spent over $1,000 on her debit, and $10,000 on her AmEx. All of this is so upsetting, and I feel so bad for my friend, and so angry at whoever stole these things from her (especially at the holidays!). Fortunately, American Express isn't holding my friend responsible for any of the charges, and her bank will refund her checking account for her debit card losses within 10 days. All the same, I find myself getting more and more pissed off that the American Express company didn't see anything wrong with someone spending 10 grand in a matter of four hours. I understand it was Black Friday and all, but c'mon. Who spends $10,000 in four hours (besides Michael Jackson or Jessica Simpson) without raising a red flag? I know if I use my MasterCard too much, they call me to make sure it's actually me using the card. Where were you on Black Friday, American Express???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home