Rock Steady Vibe

Something to do on my days off, basically.

6.18.2005

At the car wash

I took my dirty little Honda over to Chester for a car wash today. I pulled up to where they vacuum out the inside, and they drive it through from there. I told the guy what I wanted, he handed me the ticket, and I walked inside. So I was standing there, waiting for my car to come through, and the vacuuming seemed to be taking a long time. So I stuck my head out the door just to see if everything's OK -- and one of the vacuum-ers has got the vacuum to the side while he's digging through my change cup, picking up coins and holding them up, then pocketing them. I was astounded. First of all, how do you have the balls to steal from someone while you're on the job and you know they're just around the corner?? And second of all, are you really that desperate for change???? I didn't say anything, but he did look up and see me, and he tried to pretend he was, I don't know, vacuuming my change cup or something. He didn't even pretend to be ashamed that I was watching him do this. I could've reported it to the manager, I guess, but it was only change -- obviously, he needs it more than I do. Clearly, I will not be patronizing this business again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home